On October 3rd, a new resource for musicians was announced called Upsound. Upsound is co-founded by the artist Bear Grillz. Bear Grillz (Robert James) and SLDGHMR (Corey Sigel and Antonio Torres) worked together in creating Upsound.
This new platform was created as a Production, DJing and Marketing resource online for aspiring musicians.
The majority of these components are free or have prices under 50$ in order to make it affordable resources for these aspiring musicians.
Over 65 professional musicians and producers have already signed their allegiance including artists like:
- Henry Fong
- Bro Safari
- Kennedy Jones
- Funk guitarist Marshall McGee
- Producer Sak Pase
- Plus others
The platform aims to include artists outside of the electronic dance music scene. Upsound’s user base accumulated 1,000 users during the initial soft launch in September.
Upsound allows aspiring musicians to learn from professional musicians in several forms, including:
- One-on-one video chats
- Live events
- And Sample Pack Resource Libraries
- Use online tools to learn scales and note configurations
- Submit tracks on Forums for feedback from artists both professional and amateur
- Set up live chats to discuss what they are doing wrong, could do better, or have any of their questions answered
- Watch free live events where artists perform and users who tune in can watch their performances and what they do. Click for link with dates
- Access a library of hundreds of free sample packs with contributions from both Upsound’s team and the artists who associate with the website
- Bootcamps can be attended for four or five weeks at a time to sit once a week with experts for full-courses learning about different parts of the industry.