Have you made plans for your Fourth of July yet? Well, if you haven’t, (hell, event if you have) I would suggest you look into attending House of Yes’ ‘Summer of Love At The Park’ July 4 Dance Party & BBQ. This event will be taking place at the Vander Ende-Onderdonk House in Ridgewood, NY. For those that RSVP ahead of time, the event is free, and for those that choose to just show up will have a $10 covering fee.
Just like any good Fourth of July event, this will be going on, rain or shine, from 1pm until 9pm. Anyone 21 and over is welcome, as well as those under 12, if accompanied by an adult.
Key features that will be available during the event include:
- And extended set from the house and disco-style DJ, Eli Escobar, who is also a House of Yes resident
- Encouraged Fourth of July theme, so Red, White Blue and Stars & Stripes are encouraged.
- Open Call Circus Jam to try juggling, hooping and acroyoga
- Aerial Performance, and opportunities to take part if experienced
- Live Art by Apostrophe NYC & Lauren Coulson
- Mamas Bazaar Artisan Market
- Glitter Makeover Station
- Heineken Open Air Bar
- Rosé Slushies
- BBQ + Other Food Vendors
The BBQ vendors including the Gorilla Cheese NYC Truck, Andy’s Italian Ices, Momo Sushi, and Mal Chico’s Coffee.
Mama’s Bazaar will have a selection of curated vintage and artist vendors including Bellewaera, Kaela May, Kumi Hirose, JWhite Original, Swagger That, and The White Unicorn.
Now again, this is a free event if you RSVP so make sure to click that link.
For those unsure how to get to the Vander Ende-Onderdonk House a Google Maps link is available, but you wont have any problems arriving if you take the Jefferson stop on the L subway line.