Thrival Innovation + Music Festival will be going into its fourth year of the festival. The festival will be taking place in the outdoor Carrie Furnaces venue in Pennsylvania. There will be a cross-section of leadership and unique social engagement with vital issues and ideas relating to sustainability, art, education, investment, healthcare, and cutting edge technology.
Thrival Innovation keynote discussions take place from September 20-22 and gravitates around three main themes — corresponding with each of the three days of programs — “Lost and Found,” “AuthentiCity,” and “The Ripple Effect.” September 23rd and 24th will be the music portion of the festival. The tickets can be purchased here.
Day 1 (9/20) will focus on “Lost and Found”
Lost and Found will look into different aspects of life and the past. Discussion will be focused on concepts of identity, place, and culture, within the intersection of technology and human behavior.
A keynote during this day will be Dr. Bennett Omalu, will lead attendees on an exploration of the impacts of Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy, otherwise known as CTE. Some may Dr. Omalu as the focus of the movie Concussion, staring Will Smith.
Day 2 (9/21) will focus on “AuthentiCity”
The festival will be exploring the revitalization of culture and identity in a city related to technology, art, architecture and culinary revival. There will be a further look into growth for the city in the future.
Eugene Robinson, Pulitzer Prize-winner and nationally-syndicated columnist and Meghan McCain , America Now host and Fox News contributor will jointly discuss the social, political, and cultural divides in the U.S. during the keynote titled, “The American Identity.”
Day 3 (9/22) will focus on “The Ripple Effect”
The third, and final day will be focusing on how “small” ideas or action will have impacts that can turn out to be significant. The spotlight will shine on musicians, artists and the creators who contribute to these environments. Ann Makosinki, inventor of the Hollow Flashlight, will be the keynote on a discussion regarding being different in regards to societal fraught.
Recently, the first wave of the line-up of performers and keynotes has been announced for the three-day event.
The first wave of speakers include:
- Parag Bhandari / UG Strategies/Uphoric TV
- Jamilka Borges / Spoon
- Dr. Daniel Campo / Morgan State University
- Babs Carryer / University of Pittsburgh Innovation Institute
- Sandy Cindrich / Penn Brewery
- Dr. Ria David / Cybergentics
- Jackie Dempsy / Squonk
- Disco Donnie Estopinal / Disco Donnie Presents
- Dan Drake / Dancakes
- Casey Droege / SIX x ATE
- Jennifer Elliot / Forensic Science Applications Group
- Sam Franklin / Carnegie Mellon University
- Marita Garrett / Borough of Wilkinsburg Council
- Ray Gastil / City of Pittsburgh Dept. of City Planning
- Liza Grossman / Contemporary Youth Orchestra
- Hank Gustafson / Dancakes
- Sam Fotias / Paxahau Productions
- Joe Hilty / The Vandal
- Cindy Howes / WYEP
- Cara Jones / Marinus Analytics
- DS Kinsel / BOOM! Concepts
- Ryan Lammie / Radiant Hall Studios
- Jeanne Marie Laskas / Author of Concussion, New York Times best-seller
- Richard Law / Arsenal F.C.
- Matthew Lister / Gehl
- Leah Lizarondo / The Brazen Kitchen
- Nate Mars / producer & music technologist
- Chris Messina / #Hashtag Inventor
- Dr. Elizabeth Miller / University of Pittsbugh School of Medicine
- Marta Mazzoni / Marta on the Move
- Jan Necessary / Allegheny County
- Steve O’Hearn / Squonk
- Derrius Quarles / Million Dollar Scholar
- Scott Smith / East End Brewing Company
- Janera Solomon / Kelly Strayhorn Theater
- Jake Voelker / Voodoo Brewing Company
- Aaron Watson / Going Deep With Aaron Watson
- Dr. Jim Withers / Street Medicine Institute/2015 CNN “Hero”
The first wave of artists include:
- The Chainsmokers
- Ty Dolla $ign
- Hudson Mohawke
- Wild Child
- Cheat Codes
- Sir the Baptist
- Meeting of Improtant People
- Brooke Annibale
- Beaty Slap
- Ezekiel XI
- Chalk Dinosaur
- Balloon Ride Fantasy