A little more than 500 days ago, we re-launched this site. When I mean by we, I mean myself. I ran the site myself. Back then we were much smaller. Then the site started to grow. Amazing things were established. Traffic was a lot less and there weren’t many Facebook Likes / Twitter Followers. When I took over, I wanted to focus on multiple things: New Content, New Site Design, Interaction, Up and Coming, and a Team. That’s all my factors I faced. Since then, we’ve provided thousands of articles. We’ve posted about festivals around the country. We’ve established many relationships that we’re proud to say we have. We’ve met some awesome people. Today, I want to announce that we’ve officially updated our look for the first time in 500+ days. Just like the original time, we’re going to focus on the same stuff.
- New Content. On the old site, we only featured the most recent articles. We realized that while this was good when we started, we’ve grown to a much bigger site. The biggest problem was music started to become buried. News disappears real quick as it is the two most recent articles. In the new site, you’ll quickly see as we have expanded on the amount of sections on the homepage. That means you’ll get to see more content in the specific areas you’re looking for. Also, we’ve allowed it so you can check out your favorite genres. Besides the navigation bars, all title bars are accessible to their respected page, but also the link below.
- New Site Design. As stated above, we expanded on every section so more articles We decided to do this so you have a better viewing experience. We installed a revolutionizing images at the top so you can see our latest posts. This works using your mouse, keyboard, and finger. We’ve installed a new search system so you’ll have a better result. You’ll also be able to search via your cell phone. We’ve updated the comment system so it works with your Facebook account. A number of other features have been included in the update.
- Interaction. As stated above, we have included Facebook comments as the old system required you to enter in some irrelevant information to most people. Now, if you’re logged into Facebook, you’re logged in to comment and make statements at lot easier and faster. We’ve also started to do giveaways and we are always talking on Twitter. We have a podcast where you can interact via Twitter.
- Up and Coming. Up and Coming has always been an importance with this site. What we never expected was the amount of submissions we get a day. It is insane that you guys put out this much music. We love it. We have also created an optional expedite system. Due to the amount of submissions we get, we have a hard time answering all of them. With the optional expedite system, you jump to the top of the list to be reviewed.
- Team. I want to take this time to thank all our writers. I want to think our podcast hosts. I want to thank everyone who has been involved with the site in some way whether was advising, creating a mix, sending us information, helping out, and especially those who read our site. I especially want to thank Nick, Nick, Janet, Tim, Drew, Chez, and Nate. Without you, this site wouldn’t be as big. That said, we’re a firm believer of “the more, the merrier.” We’re looking for those who want to write for the site. We’re also looking for photographers and videographers. Please hit us up via the contact form abvoe.
We are still growing as a site, but I am proud with this update and the next chapter’s this site has ahead. We are excited for the plans we’re currently working on. Feel free to check out the new site and have fun!
PS. We’re still new so if you experience any bugs or have any issues, feel free to let us know!