The Lonely Island was on Saturday Night Live yesterday. They decided to poke fun at EDM lately and boy, did they do it well! They poked fun at a number of stereotypes:
- DJ’s just press buttons. Look at the Bass “Easy Button”
- They get paid a ridiculous amount of money.
- They do nothing on stage.
- People obsess over nothing
- People pay ridiculous amounts of money to see them
- Everyone only cares about the drop.
- Selling out hard.
- EDM isn’t hard and rather a joke.
- Everything sounds repetitive and nothing original.
- Everything that the EDM community hates all in a SNL Digital Short.
Check it out now.